Sleep apnea in Dallas, TX, is a serious condition that can lead to numerous health complications. Your treatment will depend on the exact severity of your case and what specific type of sleep apnea you have: obstructive or central. While most people are familiar with the fact that snoring is often indicative of a larger health problem, there are other warning signs that you suffer from with this sleeping disorder. Pay attention to any changes in your or your partner’s health so that you know when to see a professional at Dr. Michael Neeley’s dental group.
Sleep Apnea Symptoms
There are numerous signs that someone is suffering from sleep apnea. Although the only way to be sure that you actually have sleep apnea is to undergo testing, you should be mindful if you display any of the following symptoms:
· Brief awakenings in the middle of the night where you find yourself out of breath
· Severe headaches throughout the day
· Extreme fatigue (hypersomnia)
· Cessations of breathing in the middle of the night
· Loud, continuous snoring
· Increase in irritability
· Difficulty paying attention
· Having a sore throat or dry mouth upon waking up
These signs could also be indicative of other health problems, which is why it is so important to get a comprehensive diagnosis to know with certainty that you have sleep apnea in Dallas, TX.
More Serious Problems That can Develop
If your case of sleep apnea continues to go unchecked, then much more harmful health problems can develop such as:
· Increased risk of heart failure
· Increased likelihood of developing an irregular heartbeat
· Greater chance of having a stroke, diabetes, heart attack and high blood pressure
Sleep apnea will require lifestyle changes or medical treatments so that you can finally get a good night’s sleep. Visit Dr. Michael Neeley and the professionals at his office to get the ideal treatment for your needs. You can get started by calling us at 866-910-4917.
Currently rated by 1 people